Could your classroom use a financial boost? Are you looking for funds to add a new tool to your classroom? Does your school or your classroom need extra financial backing to go from “good” to “great”? You’re definitely not alone! The best classroom tools are out of reach for many schools without the means to pay for them.
We’ve scoured the internet for best grant and funding websites and came up with a list of grant programs designed exclusively for educators. The following are our favorite grant resources:
8 Grant and Funding Resources for your Classroom*
1. The Big List of Educational Grants and Resources – Edutopia created this roundup of educational grants, contests, awards, free toolkits, and classroom guides aimed at helping students, classrooms, schools, and communities. The list is updated weekly, so check back often!
2. Grants.gov – this website has a searchable list of grant opportunities. Users can filter the search criteria to find grants right for their school or project. Simply click on the “Search Grants” tab at the top of the page to get started.
3. GrantsAlert.com – this website is designed specifically to connect educators with available grant money. Users can search geographically, by types of grants, and the date added. The website also connects users with professional grant writers that can assist with the applications.
4. The NEA Foundation – the NEA Foundation’s goal is to strengthen teaching and learning opportunities. In addition to sharing best practices with educators, they provide links to funding opportunities on both a state and national level.
5. Grants for Teachers – this website arranges grant opportunities by subject matter, from Professional Development grants to STEM grants, Classroom Enrichment and Student Achievement.
6. Teachers Count – this website arranges grant opportunities by subject matter. If you are looking for subject-specific grant information, this is a great resource.
7. Classroom Technology Grants – this is a list 7 ways to secure technology funds for your classroom.
Career and Technical Education Grants
8. CTE Funding – the Association for Career and Technical Education has a list of CTE-specific funds for schools looking to bolster technical education programs.
This list is the tip of the iceberg – there are thousands of grant and funding opportunities, from local, statewide and national sources. The funds are there -- be creative when searching for funding opportunities.
We’d like to hear from you: Do you have any sure-fire grant writing tips? Leave them in the comments, below!
*These are grant and funding opportunities, and by no means a guarantee of funding award.
You have questions about STEM education? You're not alone! We're here to share ideas and provide thought-provoking commentary. Let us know your thoughts!