CNC routers, plasma cutters and laser equipment make it easy and exciting for educators to prepare students for the technical manufacturing jobs of tomorrow. Students understand modern manufacturing challenges, turning design concepts into reality on industry standard equipment.
Choosing a CNC Router
When choosing a CNC Router, consider the following components:
- Quality: Economical and Technologically Advanced CNC Control Systems - Techno CNC’s high performance industrial quality CNC equipment enables students to learn on full scale production systems guaranteeing that they are well prepared for real-world applications upon entry into the workforce.
- Ease of Use: User-friendly, with a short learning curve - Techno CNC’s routers, plasmas cutters and laser equipment make it easy for educators to prepare students for the technical manufacturing jobs of tomorrow. Students can quickly and easily assimilate the new technology and how it can be applied to real world circumstances.
- Compatibility with available CAD/CAM Software - Open architecture that works with all industry standard software programs is essential. This enables educational institutes the flexibility to integrate their CNC’s throughout a variety of STEM electives and curriculums, such as manufacturing, architectural design, prototying, and pre-engineering.
- Curriculum: Learning with certified instructors - FANUC’s comprehensive curriculum teaches the critical aspects of CNC machine setup, operation and programming using industry-leading equipment and providing sufficient repetition to ensure effective learning. Student certification requires passing both an academic and practical skills test to ensure competence.
- System Integration - With FANUC’s Certified Education CNC Training program, students will first write, edit and proof programs using 3D solid model animation in NCGuide software running on a PC. Using a USB memory stick, they then transfer the part program from NCGuide to the CNC on the machine either in the classroom and/or a workshop and then perform setup and testing.
- Resources: Tools and Resources make the difference – From live training, webinars, guides, and back-end support, it is important to choose a provider that will ensure you are successful in your classroom.
At Moss, we represent Techno CNC Systems, FANUC, and ez Router – we can provide options based on your program goals and budget considerations. Let us help you develop your FabLab or Makerspace.
Tell us – what is the single biggest consideration you have when looking at CNC Routers?