What do students need to master to be successful in ag-related careers? We’ve developed a list of the essential subject matter for ag students:
- Agriculture Science – this ranges from animal and plant science to agribusiness and natural resources. Moss partners with iCEV to provide a one-stop-shop content source for students looking to explore a wide range of career paths while interacting with industry experts.
- Business and Marketing – agriculture has strong roots in business. No matter what career path a student chooses, they will be required to understand business as it relates to the industry, whether predicting futures, highs and lows, and good times to sell; or ways to market and create efficiencies. A solid business background is an essential component of success.
- Biotechnology – Whether a student pursues plant or animal science, they need to have an understanding of biotechnology . Biotech has roots in veterinary medicine, pharmaceuticals, plant growth and harvest, immunology, environmental science, bioengineering, nano-technology, and food processing. The job market in ag-biotechnology is increasing and will provide career opportunities for years to come.
- Engineering and Mechanical Maintenance – whether producing or operating on equipment, it is imperative that students can maintain operational tools. Students interested in careers in agriculture often grow up on a farm, assisting with equipment maintenance. Structured training can assist students looking to innovate and/or maintain equipment.
- Welding – In conjunction with engineering and mechanical maintenance, welding is a skill ag students are happy to have mastered. A solid foundation in welding is a versatile skill.
What subject matter is a must-have for your agriculture education programs? Let us know in the comment section!
Moss can help you enhance your agriculture programs – see our Agriculture Education page for more information.